Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cambrian Models GWR T13 Sleeper Wagon

Pete Bevan Camrian Models GWR T13 Chaired Sleeper Wagon

Another of my current projects on the workbench is a pair of Dia T13 Sleeper wagon for carrying Chaired sleepers used by the permanent way department. Only six of these were built and featured lever handle brakes, self contained buffers, vac piping and screw link couplings. Capable of carrying 160 chaired sleepers I will model it carrying six rows of 26 sleepers tied down using Cambrian Models fine chain (scroll down) which has 33 links per inch and comes in 1m lengths.

Currently the plan is to keep the costs down by using redundant Peco sleepers. As can be seen in one of my previous You Tube videos, I had started a layout using the original Abingdon track plan in the loft of our old house. The trackwork was Peco code 100, passed on to my by my father, supplemented by a few new points. On the move to our new house I have decided to switch to hand built construction using code 75 rail, thus leaving plenty of spare sleepers to play with.

Although the sleepers are not to scale, they are to hand and have moulded chairs saving me time and money in buying scale sleepers and chairs, most of which won't even be seen below the first layer.

The rest of the track will be kept for now, enabling me to put together a basic track to run stock while the building of the trackwork progresses, which will keep my two kids happy! The fiddle yard will also use the Peco track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...